Who is the Tarlaqueno Traveler?

My photo
I'm just one ordinary Tarlaqueno who loves to travel and travel and travel and revel in God's wonderful creation. Through this blog, I get to share my travel experiences with everyone.

Baler Quick Tour: Aniao Islets

Aniao Islets

It was my second time to visit Baler, Aurora last January for an overnight planning with faculty members from the College of Engineering. My first visit was also for an overnight planning but with a different group of employees from the university. Obviously, when you have planning activities as short as 2 days, there’s little chance that you would enjoy the attractions the venue has to offer. Nevertheless, my colleagues and I took advantage of our short stay in Aurora by visiting Ermita Hill, Sabang Beach, the famous Millennium Tree and the Aniao Islets.


Aniao Islets
Aniao Islets
Aniao Islets

In terms of the photographs that I have taken, my favorite spot would definitely be the Aniao Islets because I was able to experiment with long exposure shots on moving water. The waves had the perfect intensity. The sky was filled with thick clouds and we arrived there just when the sun was about to set, providing a good lighting condition.

Aniao Islets
Aniao Islets
Aniao Islets

The Aniao Islets are a group of, well, um, islets and rock formations located near the shores of Digisit Bay. There is a short stretch of cream sand beach on one side and a couple of low rock formations scattered around the area. It is about 20 minutes away by car from Baler proper and is conveniently located by the roadside in Barangay Zabali so getting there is a breeze. 

Aniao Islets
Aniao Islets
Aniao Islets

Though not that spectacular, the place is relaxing and provides a good background for taking photographs of family and friends. Take a short walk along the roadside or in the beach in the morning or enjoy the cool weather during the afternoon while listening to the crashing waves.  

Aniao Islets
Aniao Islets
Aniao Islets

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome shots sir, been to this place also but 'twas low tide when we visited this place. May I ask your settings for the long exposure shots? I'm an amateur photographer and we're amazed by your shots and blog. Hoping for a reply :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome shots sir, been to this place also but 'twas low tide when we visited this place. May I ask your settings for the long exposure shots? I'm an amateur photographer and we're amazed by your shots and blog. Hoping for a reply :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sir! Salamat sa appreciation. Most of the long exposure shots were taken using 15 secs shutter speed, f/22 aperture ISO 200. I used ND filter kasi mejo maliwanag. Not so particular about photo specs, tsamba-tsamba lang din sir. Hehe. Just fortunate enough na high tide nung time na yun.

      Delete
  3. Nice shots of Aniao Islets... 'love the effect.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...