Who is the Tarlaqueno Traveler?

My photo
I'm just one ordinary Tarlaqueno who loves to travel and travel and travel and revel in God's wonderful creation. Through this blog, I get to share my travel experiences with everyone.

Cateel Accommodation: Oar Inn

Oar Inn

If you are headed to what is said to be the highest waterfalls in the Philippines, and you happen to arrive late in Cateel, don’t be too worried about where you’re gonna spend the night. There are quite a few accommodations in Cateel since it is already gaining popularity thanks to Aliwagwag Falls and the few stunning beaches in the town.

One of the most accessible accommodations is OAR INN. Located right in front of the town’s bus terminal, this inn may be your best option.


Airconditioned Twin Room

This gated property offers 8 rooms with either a matrimonial bed or two single beds, and 2 studio units for long stays. Non-airconditioned rooms go for 500 pesos, while airconditioned rooms are available for 600 pesos. All rooms are located at the second floor of the building. The studio units and the owner’s house are on the first floor.


Stairway

Upon reaching the second floor, you will be greeted by a large lobby with a sofa set and a few cabinets. There is no reception desk in this inn. If you have concerns, you will have to go at the back of the building where the caretaker’s house is located. Also located on the 2nd floor are two common bathrooms, one for the ladies and one for the gents. Yes, there are no private bathrooms in all of the rooms, but I would have to say that the common bathrooms are clean and well-maintained so there shouldn’t be any problems with that.  I have to mention that there are no showers in the room, but pails and dippers are provided.


2nd floor lobby
Common bathrooms

There is a huge window in the lobby that offers a view of the quiet street and, looking directly below, the parking lot. In case you are bringing your own car, there is a parking lot which is pretty much safe since as I’ve mentioned a while ago, the property is gated.


View of the street in Poblacion

The room rate doesn’t include breakfast, but includes 2 towels, soap, and 2 sachets of shampoo.

The room looks more like a dormitory room for me, but it was fine since we just slept for a couple of hours and left our things in the room while we were touring around town. 

All in all, my stay in Oar Inn was fine. I did not encounter any problem. I found the rate affordable, except when you are traveling alone. I would also like to take note of the owner (I forgot to ask her name) and her caretaker’s kindness for assisting us in negotiating with a habal-habal driver for our day tour in Aliwagwag Falls and Mahoc Beach.

LOCATION: Poblacion, Cateel, in front of the bus terminal
ROOM TYPE: Non-airconditioned and airconditioned rooms, Studio units
RATES: 500-600 pesos for 2nd floor rooms
AMENITIES/INCLUSIONS: Airconditioning (600-peso rooms and studio), towels, basic toiletries, common bathrooms, parking

CONTACT DETAILS:
09102136297
09082130178
09084743745


Affordable accommodation

8 comments:

  1. Please upload photo(s) of the highest waterwall in Cateel, Davao Oriental so people will see how beautiful it is. I envy you. I had been assigned in Region XI-Davao City for nine months, but I only went to Matti City, Davao Oriental. Time ran out and I wasn't able to see this beautiful work Of God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check my post after this entry, I've already uploaded pictures of Aliwagwag Falls :)

      Delete
  2. I plan to visit Cateel and Aliwagwag Falls in a few days.
    Hopefully I'll be able to use my camera to catch some images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will certainly enjoy the view of aliwagwag falls. using your camera will not be difficult. it is convenient to take shots of the waterfall.

      Delete
  3. updated po ba yong price? and contact #?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OLIVIA ABELLA REGALA. The owner’s name. (OAR INN)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The room looks more like a dormitory room for me, but it was fine since we just slept for a couple of hours and left our things in the room while we were touring around town.
    red kameez black salwar
    black and red salwar

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...