Who is the Tarlaqueno Traveler?

My photo
I'm just one ordinary Tarlaqueno who loves to travel and travel and travel and revel in God's wonderful creation. Through this blog, I get to share my travel experiences with everyone.

Bislig City Side Trip: Ocean View Park


View of the Pscific and Bislig City

As I was saying in my previous post, one good way to end your vacation in Bislig City is by visiting Ocean View Park (OVP) in Brgy. Cumawas. The same couple who owns the International Doll House (see related post here), the Willimanns had the place built so that guests coming to Bislig can enjoy good views of the Pacific Ocean and several portions of the city while dining in their simple restaurant. 


Road Signage

OVP is situated on top of a hill. It could be a great place to watch the sunrise every morning, although this wouldn’t be possible for guests, as the restaurant and view deck open at 10 AM. The restaurant also closes early. Last orders are taken at 6:30 PM, and the restaurant closes at 7 PM. My friend and I had dinner there during our last night in Bislig, and we were able to enjoy the view and the food for just about an hour because we came in at around 6 PM.
Steps leading to the resto

You can actually visit OVP’s view deck without paying any fees or without ordering any food in the restaurant. But I tell you, the food in restaurant is something that should not be missed. For a hundred bucks or less, you can have for yourself a sumptuous meal that’s really filling! I first ordered Singaporean rice (25 pesos) but it was already sold out. The crew member told me that it is their bestseller and gets sold out quickly. For my second choice, I got fish fillet curry. Well, it didn’t disappoint me. I am now a fan. For 80 pesos, you get a slice of pan-fried fish fillet and ripe banana (sounds weird!) smothered in curry sauce and topped with pineapple chunks. It was really out-of-this world but very delicious! My friend ordered beef stew with vegetables (100 pesos), a Philippinized take on an Austrian dish that is one of the owner’s favorite dishes. It looked and tasted a little like beef caldereta.
 
Paper place mat
My delicious dinner - fish fillet in curry sauce

Beef Stew with Vegetables

Other choices in the menu include green salad, burgers, schnitzel, burger steak, fried chicken, desserts, and a few others. While my friend and I are in the middle of our dinner, Ms. Ruelaine saw us and was delighted because we came back after our visit in the doll house in the afternoon. As a treat, she gave us a free dessert which she called Filipino fruit salad. She is really one accommodating and very kind woman.

The simple resto set-up. Looks like the typical Filipino carinderia

Ceiling decor

Before we left, we took a photo with the Willimanns.

The author, Ms. Ruelaine, Xian, Mr. Werner

Ocean View Park is open everyday except Mondays, 10 AM to 7 PM. It is located in Brgy. Cumawas, Bislig City, just 5 minutes away by tricycle from Brgy. Mangagoy, the so-called heart of the city.    

Before darkness falls


6 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot, Emir! Highly Appeciated:)
    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! The place deserves a positive review and I am happy you appreciate it. God bless you, too! :)

      Delete
  2. thanks for advertising and appreciating our place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must go back soon to Bislig again. Thanks for posting photos and comments.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...